Fastest 50 in IPL History (2008 – 2023)
Fastest 50 in IPL: Yashasvi Jaiswal holds the record for the fastest 50 in IPL history. He scored his fifty off just 13 balls. KL Rahul and Pat Cummins are in the second position, having used only 14 balls to reach 50 runs. Until 2018, the record was jointly held by Yusuf Pathan and Sunil Narine who both scored 50 runs off 15 balls. Nicholas Pooran is in sixth place, also scoring a half century in 15 deliveries. Check the complete list of the fastest 50 in IPL history here. This is IPL Fastest 50 in IPL History (2008 – 2023)
Fastest 50 in IPL: The Indian Premier League is a popular T20 cricket tournament that’s famous for its exciting matches. One of the major reasons behind the thrill of IPL is the batting. Nothing rouses the crowd more than a boundary and the success of their favourite players.
Many renowned batsmen have participated in IPL over the course of its 16 seasons, but only a few have managed to register hard-hitting knocks like the fifties and hundreds. Some batsmen entered as a replacement or at the last moment and delivered match-winning centuries. Today, we cover the list of This is IPL Fastest 50 in IPL History (2008 – 2023)
Fastest 50 in IPL (2008 – 2023): Highlights
- Rajasthan Royals’ opener and future of Indian cricket, Yashasvi Jaiswal holds the record for the fastest fifty in IPL history. He scored his fifty in just 13 balls on May 11, 2023 against Kolkata Knight Riders.
- Lucknow Super Giants captain and former Punjab Kings captain KL Rahul is currently the record holder for the fastest 50 in IPL history. KL Rahul scored a match-winning 51 off 14 balls in 2018 against Delhi Capitals (previously Delhi Daredevils).
- In the next position is Pat Cummins, who is tied with KL Rahul as the fastest player to score a half-century in IPL. Cummins smashed an unbeaten 56 off 14 balls playing for KKR against MI in the 2022 IPL.
- Next up are KKR’s Yusuf Pathan and Sunil Narine, who both also scored the fifties off 15 balls. Pathan scored 72 runs playing against SRH in 2014, and Narine repeated the feat in 2017 against RCB. LSG’s Nicholas Pooran also scored a fifty off 15 balls in 2023 IPL against RCB.
IPL 2023 Fastest Fifty
- Rajasthan Royals‘ Yashasvi Jaiswal broke the record of the fastest fifty in IPL history on May 11, 2023 against Kolkata Knight Riders. Jaiswal made 50 off just 13 balls.
- The fastest 50 of Tata IPL 2023 belongs to Nicholas Pooran of Lucknow Super Giants. The skipper delivered a much-needed knock of 62 runs in just 19 deliveries, scoring a 50 off just 15 balls against RCB.
- KKR’s Jason Roy and CSK’s Ajinkya Rahane are tied in the second place for the scored the second fastest 50 of the season.
- Jason Roy scored his second fastest fifty (total: 59) of IPL 2023 against RCB on April 26 in just 22 balls.
- Roy scored his half-century (Total: 61) off 19 balls against CSK while Rahane took 19 balls to get to fifty runs (Total: 61) against Mumbai Indians.
- Rajasthan Royals opener Jos Buttler and Kolkata Knight Riders bowler Shardul Thakur are the next fastest fifty joint record holders in the 2023 IPL. Buttler scored his sixteenth fifty in the IPL against Sunrisers Hyderabad off just 20 balls while Thakur also took 20 balls to score his half century against RCB.
- CSK’s Shivam Dube is also tied with Buttler and Thakur. Dube scored a half century in 20 balls against KKR.
- In the same match, Ajinkya Rahane scored his second-fastest fifty: in just 24 balls.